10 January 2011

50 Cent Introduces Sleek Headphones





By D.L. Chandler
The headphone game is starting to look like the rap game.
Along with Dr. Dre’s Beats By Dre and Diddy’s Diddybeats and also Ludacris’ Soul headphone lines, G-Unit’s budding mogul 50 Cent has teamed up with audio developer Sleek Audio to introduce his entry into the premium wireless headphone mix with Sleek by 50 Cent.

Unveiled on Thursday (January 6) at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the business-minded Fif held a much ballyhooed press conference to debut the slick looking headphones to the public. Expected to retail at $350, the Queens rapper, born Curtis Jackson, was quick to debunk any chatter that his headphones are not in direct competition with his musical partner Dre.
"I took the time [and] made sure [that] I secured myself before releasing the product to the general public [and that] it might be matched up against Beats By Dre," the dapper 50 Cent explained. "I knew that immediately that they would make those comparisons and I made sure I secured myself by having something that wasn’t actually in the marketplace. It’s exciting, new and innovative."

50’s expert introduction was summed up succinctly when the humble and self-aware rapper recognized his good fortune and the opportunity presented before him.
"I think music is the language of love and every country I’ve went to I’ve watched people with complete cultural differences enjoy music," shared. "I’ve watched my music break language barriers and take me places that I haven’t even imagined."

50 Cent joins a suddenly crowded marketplace with the aforementioned stars and other big names such as Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, LeBron James and legendary Thriller producer Quincy Jones who all have headphone lines themselves.

Source: MTV RapFix

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates